Friday, February 29, 2008

Keep Blockbuster in Business

I'm sad to say that this year I saw a paultry ONE movie that was nominated for an Oscar. ONE. That's just sad. I'm usually the person tyring to see as many as I can before the big night. Not that I had a lack of interest this year (excep for Sweeny Todd), I just didn't have the time I guess.

There was one movie I really wanted to see which was Once. Learning that it was filmed in such a short time and in Dublin and that the guy is the singer from The Frames, I was intrigued to say the least. So Wednesday night I get crazy and decide to go to iTunes and try renting Once from there. I thought it would be easy and I wanted to see how good the quality was. I purchase the movie and it downloads fine. I get in my bed so excited to watch a new movie and it won't play. I drag it out of iTunes onto my desktop and try opening it in Quicktime. Nothing. i start to panic. I just lost $4!! That's a huge amount of money to me right now! that can buy me a cup of coffee on my way to class! I shouldn't have given that up so effortlessly. I'm instantly ashamed and hate that I spent my money on such an impulse. But there's nothing left to do but file a complaint. So I go to my purchase history in iTunes and report a problem with the download. The next day I get an email saying they've put a fresh copy of the movie in my download queue and that everything should be fine this time. Long story short, I download the movie and about 6 hours later... it still won't work. It's the last straw for me and I respond to the email and tell them I want my money back in no uncertain terms.

it should be back in my account by next week!

the moral of this story: don't be lazy and think renting a movie from iTunes is a good idea.

4 comments:

Haley said...

yikes. that's tough, molls.

NETFLIX!

Marissa said...

That stinks! Couldn't you have done it on Netflix online?

Charlie said...

iTunes screws up, but they're at least pretty good about the customer service. Me? I'm all about the NetFlix.

molly said...

Wow, three comments telling me to use netflix. I used to do this, but seeing as how I'm broke.. I can't even afford to rent a couple of movies a month on a regular basis. I would try to watch it online through netflix, but they only work on PCs. soooo, off the the pirated world we go!