Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Spotted: A once enjoyable show now on a steady decline toward shark-jumping territory. Could the once and future Queen Bee be dethroned before November sweeps? Seems like it. I think it best to abdicate that throne and save itself from further shame.

That's right. I'm sad to say that Gossip Girl is more than certainly getting dumped by yours truly this week. I can't handle any more of Serena's pouting and bad hair. Really. Someone needs to take a brush to that mane of hers and get it out of her face.

The college experience so far for these characters has been ridiculous. I mean, who really takes the microphone at a roof party and explains to everyone that they're there to get a fresh start and make a change for themselves? Really. I could have made a drinking game out of how many times they said "let's make a fresh start" in this episode. I don't ever remember saying stuff like that when I went to college.

And poor Nate. No storyline AGAIN this season! I know we're only two episodes in and I'm sure this will change, but really? Stuck in a bedroom with his new girlfriend "until they get sick of each other". I can see where this arc can get interesting. She's a Buckly, and he an Archibald. Her Capulet to his Montague. But it's been done and I don't think I can wait much longer to see it play out. 

The thing I'm most sad about is giving up my Chuck Bass. AH! I love his manipulation, his pride and the softer side of him that usually only us viewers are privy to. I'll miss him a lot and will maybe tune in every now and then to check up on him, but I don't think I can put myself through an entire season of his less-than-stellar cohorts.

Ah well.

xoxo

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Sorry the GG is getting the boot. I to, was sad to see Chuck go. But the whining and the eyeliner and the little J going coo-coo drove me nuts. Serena (aka Blake!) did manage to get that hair out of her face, quite severely at the Emmys. As well as not having much else covering the front of her!! xoxo

emily said...

i've missed these first two weeks...sounds like I haven't really missed anything though...sad.

Marissa said...

As you know, I ended it last season. There was already too much whining and what-not going on then. I don't know how you've endured it this long. Chuck is definitely the highlight of that show.

Marissa said...

Oh, and seriously, I think you need to start writing for EW or EOnline...or something! :)

molly said...

No, emily you haven't missed much. I think you should spend more time watching FNL instead!

I'd LOVE to be able to watch tv all day and then write about it AND get paid for doing it!