Monday, August 24, 2009

Two of my favorite things.



























In keeping with the Project Runway theme, InStyle has asked 9 designers (including Christian Siriano) to sketch their versions of Bella's wedding gown from Breaking Dawn. I can only imagine this scene being incredibly cheesy in the movie, but these sketches made me wonder what they'll go with when the time comes to actually choose a gown. We all know how bad the wardrobe was in Twilight. I'm really hoping things are better in the rest of the movies. I mean, come on.. Rosalie is described as "the most beautiful girl in the world." Would she really wear stone-washed skinny jeans with stripper shoes? I know the budget was low, but I'm pretty sure they could have found cuter stuff at Target for way less money.

Here are the sketches in all their glory. I do like what Christian came up with, but my favorite would have to be either Monique Lhuillier's or Lela Rose's. I think they both fit the description from the book really well. And seriously, someone please tell me what Brian Reyes was thinking when he sketched his gown. Even after reading the description I still can't see any semblance of a dress.

YIKES.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

So glad you are back to blogging!! I agree with the two that you liked. I think the Lela Rose gown is the closest to the one in my head! And yeah, what's up with the Brian Reyes sketch?!