Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Oh, no Castro!


Whoa. What happened tonight? Who decided it was "let's tell Jason Castro how 'horrible' of a singer he is" night?! I mean really. It kind of made me angry.. maybe too angry. But I have a deep love for this kid. Randy, Crazy Paula and Simon should all know by now that Castro does not have a naturally strong voice like the other three remaining contestants. He can't screech and yell like Syesha nor can he hit impressively high notes without a little warble in his voice like David One and David Two. But I happen to like the warble. I happen to like that he doesn't use the band (tonight was the first night!). I happen to like that he covered a Bob Marley song. I thought it was actually good. He performed. He moved around on stage more than he ever has. HE THREW HIS HANDS UP IN THE AIR! What more do they want? If they don't understand that that's who Jason Castro is, then maybe he should leave the show. I'm thinking he will anyway. It would be quite a miracle if he were to stay what with The Untouchable David's and Syesha's mysteriously controllable waterworks. (Didn't it seem like she was able to stop crying really easily after her second performance? She is an "actress" after all. And by "actress" I mean she's in commercials in Miami. And no, I don't like her.) I actually liked both his performances tonight. I thought the first one would get good reviews. I was wrong. The second I was excited about when in his talking head he said he was going to sing "Tambourine Man".. then he forgot the lyrics. What is it with these guys and forgetting the lyrics this season? Maybe Wayne Brady should be the guest mentor every week. There's an idea!

Anyway. It'll be sad to watch American Idol without my little Castro. I always thought we'd be good friends. I picture us laying barefoot in hammocks side-by-side on a beach somewhere.. I'd tell him repeatedly how much I love his dreads and we'd talk about how nervous I'd be during interviews, too.. just like him! I'd also have an ongoing dialogue with myself about how much pot I think he smokes on a daily basis. And I'd wonder if he'd ever share with me.

2 comments:

Haley said...

I agree with this whole post. All of it. Not a thing that I disagree with. From my love of Jason Castro to my dislike of Syesha (she not different! he is!). However, if he doesn't go home this week, and Syesha does, you know it's rigged. They do want a white male to win this season.

I DO love David Cook. I just do. I will always be his baby.

molly said...

I'd definitely think it was rigged if Syesha were to go home. But she has no chance of winning. The David's fan bases are way too strong.

I know you love David Cook and will always be his baby. I bet he had you at "Hello" didn't he? Get it?! because he sang "Hello" and it was freakin awesome?!

I'm hilarious.