Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Twilight Obsession



















A few months back Emily asked me who Edward Cullen was. We had both noticed all the flair dedicated to him on Facebook. I was completely confused and worried I had missed a big moment in pop-culture history. I'm usually pretty up-to-date on things like this even if I'm not really "into it". But Edward Cullen and his maniacal following had completely evaded me.. until now.

This isn't the best time of the year for me to get entirely consumed in something other than finals for school, but it's happened and there's no turning back now. About a month and a half ago, my friend Caity at school was reading Twilight. I asked her what it was about and she said it was about Vampires. Really?! She isn't the type of person I'd ever imagine reading about Vampires, but I listened to what the basic plot was and how good she said it was. Every day she had the book in front of her face and she said she even read in her car at stop lights.

I had to find out for myself how good it really was.

I started reading the first book on friday, november 7. I finished it the following monday morning and bought the second book that evening. I had that book finished on wednesday and started book three that same day. I just finished book 3 last night.. or early this morning really.. and am debating whether I should buy book four myself, wait to borrow it from Caity, or spend a few hours in a book store every day. (It's not out on paperback yet and I want it in paperback so it'll match the other books in the series.. I'm weird.) Dilemma! I really don't think I can wait much longer to find out how it all ends. Book three ended in a crazy cliff-hanger!

Anyway, I highly recommend these books to anyone. It all starts out seeming like a romance novel for teenagers, but it gets much much better. 


4 comments:

Marissa said...

Ok, I seriously can't wait to borrow these. Don't forget to bring them to me!

Oh, and I am with you about my books matching...that's why I wanted that HP box set so bad...all hardback and matching!

molly said...

yay!! I had a dream about Vampires last night. That's how consuming it is! And I broke down and bought the 4th one. Oops.

emily said...

oh molls...though I'm a skeptical...I will say, it only took me about 10 years to figure out harry potter was alright. even though I only read 2 1/2 of those books, and "read" as in mostly listened to. however, maybe one day i will understand. until then I've got LOTS of flair to send you :)

molly said...

YES FLAIR!! bring it on. I think you should at least read the first book. There's a small waiting list for mine, but if you can hold out I'll let you borrow it once it's returned. ahhhhhhh!!!